Sunday 15 January 2017

It's GG time

Hello Friends,

I hope you had a good start to the new year . It's time for first GG update  of the year. What's GG you ask?
GG or Gifted Gorgeousness SAL is Jo's baby where we show what gift stitching we have been doing. These can be gifts received in form of patterns,kits,floss and fabric or gifts we make for others.

Here are the gifts I received last month and failed to show you.
I visited my family in India last month and somebody missed me.😁
Look what DH made me , a free hand embroidery piece . No need to say I love it ! I asked him how he made it and he showed me the steps :drawing the pattern, fitting it in the frame size. I'm impressed by the talent my man possesses.My late father in law used to embroider and I have seen some of the master pieces he has created. DH has been thinking of continuing with the craft his father did since a while, sorry I don't know what that embroidery is called in English.

I received a beautiful pin cushion with my initial from a fellow Indian crafter ,an extra she added as a thank you for placing an order.

Isn't this precious, infact too pretty to use. I will display this in my showcase instead.

Another new year gift from DH, some cuddly yarn and fabric 

He also bought me boxes to store my floss. Here is a picture of how all my floss away bags perfectly fit in these boxes.

I have been stitching the Candamar piece for my bestie and here is how it looks now. Even though this piece is a PITA , I love stitching this one.

I will end this post with a picture of the first sunset of year 2017, which I clicked while on the way to desert camp in Lahbab desert, Dubai.

15 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts. The butterflies have come on well and I love the colours of the yarn too

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crafting husband- how wonderful! The pincushion is so very sweet. Lovely GG post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. How wonderful to have a stitchy husband too! Free hand embroidery is exactly what I would call it, no special name for the technique as far as I know.
    I love the rose on the pincushion initial, a beautiful gift. As is the butterfly design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gift from your husband is beautiful, how talented he is. Love the pin cushion (I wouldn't use it either) and your butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little gift your husband stitched for you is just wonderful. Greatcoat he wants to continue the tradition of his father. And a lovely thank-you pillow from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mini, thanks for commenting on my latest bunny. The pattern is from here and called Toy Collection. Great instructions are written and its easy to make. Happy Knitting.
    Beautiful gift from your husband, lovely.
    http://www.jeangreenhowe.com/booklets.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is a gem :)
    Love the pincushion!
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just the nicest gift ever from your husband! How lucky you are! Your butterflies are looking great! And what a sunset!! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed with your husband's embroidery. What a tribute to his father should he decide to carry on with the legacy of his handiwork. He's also very good at buying the perfect sort of gifts for a crafty wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job from Hubby! I'm sure your friend is going to love the butterflies stitch. And what an incredible sunset.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely gift from your hubby :) I think that is either a satin stitch or long & short stitch. Now since both of you have a common hobby, I am sure you need a big room for the stash in future :D
    your stitching projects are going great and the pincushion is beautiful!
    Your 2017 plans in the last post are also interesting and quite challenging considering that you work full time too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gifts and so nice that he made something for you! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky you are to have a stitching/crafting husband! What a beautiful pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I am so impressed by your husband being so crafty! And giving you crafty gifts, too - double Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely thing for your husband to do for you! And he did a nice job too! I love the little pillow you were sent too! What a great way to store your floss, I've been trying to think of a way to store mine, you've given me food for thought! Lovely job on the butterflies...and the sunset picture is beautiful! You left a message on my blog what camera do I use? It's a Cannon Powershot SX530 HS. I found it on sale last fall. I really do enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...