Friday 26 January 2018

Smalls SAL January Check-in

Hello Friends,

Its last friday of the month , time to show what smalls we stitched during the month. I'm participating first time in Small SALs hosted by Heather. I decided to join this SAL as I usually stitch birthday cards or exchange pieces throughout the year and this gives me an additional chance to blog.



I stitched a thank you card for my Knitting Adviser or should I say Knitting guru. We "met" on Instagram when she found my account thru a hashtag. She has been very helping about my beginner questions about knitting techniques , where to find supplies etc.
Feather 
      Design by Maria Diaz
               From CrossStitcher Magazine , Issue 320

The stitched piece was pasted on the handmade paper using double sided tape which I specially bought from trip to USA. The tape didn't work well and I had to use glue .

The card was appreciated by my guru , so shall we say job well done?

15 comments:

  1. Yes, job well done Mini, especially if you had a hassle with the double sided tape - never used that before. The design is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely gift for a helping friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty gift. Well done! Shame about the double-sided tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Mini! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What at gift! Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely card, Mini!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous stitching. I used double side tape a lot and think it may be the paper was a little bit textured which is why the tape didn't stick so well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a really lovely design. I've been making little stitched cards, too. Quick and easy projects are very satisfying, don't you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your card. Simple, yet elegant. Didn't you add your initials and date?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card for your knitting advisor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely gift for your friend, Mini! But don’t you just hate using glue? I’m always afraid it will mark the fabric.
    It makes knitting so much easier when you have someone to help!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty rainbow feather! I think we need more rainbow birds in the world. Double-sided tape is nice for paper things but I've never had any luck getting it to stick to fabric either. Glue always works hah :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a thoughtful gift. I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...