Thursday 15 March 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL March Update-When you are spoil rotten by the hubby

Hello Friends,

It's that time of the month when we show what gifts we have been working on or/and what crafty gifts we have received. If you don't know what I'm talking about , check Jo's blog for more info. This is a easy SAL where you have choice to stitch any designer, color or pattern, just that it should be a gift for someone or gift from someone.

I received lots of hand made gifts during my recent visit to India but I would like to dedicate this post to surprise gifts I got from my husband. My husband is an avid supporter of my hobbies and goes out of the way to help me in my hobbies. He has creative genes in his body but chooses to use them only for me,I mean while making gifts for me.But this time he has outdone himself or I won't exaggerate if I say this is the best cross stitch gift I have ever got.He designed and stitched this for my birthday :
A cross stitch of Kuwait Towers, will be a perfect souvenir of our time in Kuwait


This is a cross stitch of Kuwait Towers, most famous landmark in Kuwait. When he gifted me this after a overnight flight , I was so sleepy I told him that I will look at it later.After a good sleep, when I saw it, my jaw just dropped. The colors are just so true to real life monument.He hasn't used pic-to-pat or any free online service to convert a picture. He designed this in MS excel , chose the colors from DMC palette and stitched it. Look how neat, all the stitches go in same direction...Wow ..just wow.Poor guy tells me each day after coming home from office he would eat food and just stitch so that he can complete the gift before I come back.

For people living in Kuwait or in this part of the world,it is very difficult to find patterns representing local culture or history. All the crafters I have met since I moved to Kuwait say there aren't any Kuwaiti designs available. This makes my gift more special...

Can you believe this is stiched by a newbie who has no experience of designing or cross stitch,has only done embroidery in school as part of craft class?

As if this wasn't enough, he bought me a sewing machine.I have been thinking of buying one since few years but couldn't justify the cost as I only use it twice a year . Don't worry I won't be getting into making dresses or clothes, it will be used for cross stitch finishes and mostly to alter my clothes.
Brother JA1400
Wait there is more, I was packing my knitting WIP for the holiday the night before the flight, when I casually said Hubby can you fix me a row counter? He goes out of the room and brings me one...this man can read my mind, I tell you!

A very simple knit counter perfect for my projects...I love it.

I feel so blessed to have a partner who not only supports my hobbies but puts in efforts to understand my craft needs and create gifts which suit my taste.

I will write a separate post for the other gifts soon, first to see if Jo will allow me to link up twice in a month. 

16 comments:

  1. Wow! You lucky thing! I think your hubby has a really creative flair for stitching ..... what patience he has! Amazing stitching! And he obviously knows you very well to be able to buy exactly what you need! Do let us know how you get on with your new sewing machine.
    Two posts? My goodness! Look forward to seeing the second!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is an amazing design and finish and even getting it framed, very well done. It's so great that you have a wonderful partner. Love the other gifts too, but that cross stitch is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mr Mini, a fabulous stitched gift, a special treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Kuwait towers you have created!I think you should link this blogpost in Jo's blog.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is very joyous and uplifting. It was a pleasure to visit today and read about your very thoughtful and creative husband. His cross stitched creation is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a stunning piece, even for an experienced stitcher to design something without using charting software.
    He really is a kind and thoughtful husband.
    You may link up twice this month, but maybe I will Credit one post to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And this wonderful picture was stitched by your hubby, a completely unexperienced stitcher? That's stunning. Awesome. Enjoy your new sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still in awe of the fact that he designed it and stitched it himself in secret. You are definitely a very lucky lady to have such support from your husband and one who is so thoughtful and sentimental in his gift giving. Have fun with the sewing machine (something I've only ever used once in my life and didn't do a very good job at it then).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice guy! He did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a perfectly wonderful gift, Mini!! His design and stitching are so beautiful and the fact that he made it for you speaks volumes of his love for you :) This is probably the favorite "Gifted Gorgeousness" story that I've read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh isn't this lovely and wonderful and all the other good words! It's great that his introduction to doing the work was for you. And MS Excel even! I started with MS Paint haha. He did a great job with the colors too. What a fun GG post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! Great design and stitching! That's a wonderful gift from your hubby and he has got so much talent to do everything by himself! Congrats on the new sewing machine, looking forward to see what you sew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing husband! And a lovely piece stitched by him x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hubby sounds absolutely wonderful!! He made such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic gift from your husband, I can imagine how you felt when you saw it. I can't believe he designed and stitched it himself! Amazing considering it is his first project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG...amazed to see the cross stitch gift that your husband made for you...absolutely amazing piece of work...and that too done from the scratch...Good job..

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...